Loan Periods and Item Limits
- Books and Audiobooks: 21 days. 1 renewal
- DVDS: 7 day circulation. Limit 10 per card. 2 renewal
- Videogames: 7 day circulation. Limit 2 per card. 2 Renewal
- Music CDs: 21 day circulation. Limit 10 per card. 1 renewal.
- Magazines: 7 day circulation of current issue. No Renewal. 21 day circulation of past issues. 1 renewal Limit 10 per card.
The Ella Johnson Memorial Library allows people with cards from other libraries to borrow materials. The reciprocal borrower must be in good standing with their home library by having a current non-expired card and no fines.
Library materials are usually, but not always, renewable. Non-renewable items include all new DVDs and CDs, interlibrary loan materials, materials on hold for another patron, and materials that have already been renewed once. You can renew materials by calling us at (847) 683-4490 or by logging in to the PrairieCat Catalog with your 14 digit library card number (found on the back of your library card) and your 4 digit pin (the last 4 digits of your library card number).
The library provides books drops in four locations:
- Hampshire – to the right of the library entrance
- Burlington – in front of the Post Office
- Pingree Grove – in front of the Fire Station
- Cambridge Lakes Community Center– at the entrance
There is a one day grace period for all materials. At the conclusion of the grace period fines begin accruing based on the original due date.
- The fine for overdue DVDs and Videogames is $1.00 per day, per item.
- The fine for all other overdue materials is $.10 per day, per item.
- Non pick-up of holds after 5 days is $1.00 fine per item.
Placing a Hold
All library items may be placed on hold with the exception of magazines. The library is a member of
the PrairieCat consortia which is an online library catalog that searches for books, movies, audiobooks, music, eresources, and more available at the Ella Johnson Memorial Library and libraries in the northern Illinois region. Ella Johnson library cardholders can place holds, renew and check their account online.
Material not owned by the Ella Johnson Library or found in the PrairieCat Catalog may be ordered through interlibrary loan. Patrons may wish to use WorldCat to search for items. WorldCat is an online library catalog that searches for books, movies, audiobooks, music, eresources, and more available in libraries worldwide. Ella Johnson library cardholders can request that items found in WorldCat be borrowed through interlibrary loan. Requests can be made using an online form, in person, by telephone, or by e-mail.