Ella Johnson Library provides voter registration services during open hours.
To Vote in Illinois you Must:
- Be a U.S. citizen.
- Be a resident of Illinois for at least 30 days.
- Be at least 18 years old (if you are 17 years old, can vote in the General Primary election IF they will be 18 years old on or before the General Election).
- NOT be registered to vote in another state.
A person is not eligible to vote while incarcerated. After completing your sentence your sentence voting rights will be restored.
To register to vote, you will need
- A completed Illinois Voter Registration Form (We also have the forms at the library)
- You can also download a Spanish-language version
- 2 documents proving identification. 1 document must show your current address.
- Either a copy of your valid photo identification, such as your:
- Driver’s license.
- ID card.
- The last 4 digits of your SSN and a valid photo identification.
- A copy of a document proving your residential address, such as your:
- Current utility bill.
- Bank statement.
- Pay check.
To register to vote online, visit the Illinois State Board of Elections Online Voter Application
Call the library for more information